- Change History
The Jaiku plugin integrates the presence streams from Jaiku (www.jaiku.com) to IRC. It polls the JSON interface on Jaiku and displays presence updates for configured Jaiku users. It is also possible to check the presence of any Jaiku user on request.
The plugin can also poll RSS and ATOM feeds and print feed updates to the IRC channel.
Presence update: [dna] Bintang in Hotel Manhattan, Jakarta, Indonesia [ http://dan79.jaiku.com/presence/26223748 ]
Current presence: dna, Dan Silfvast: 3 hours, 40 minutes ago in Tecnomen HQ, Espoo, Finland. Phone profile: General.
RSS feed update: thevision: It just doesn't work [ http://www.flickr.com/photos/thevision/2146235260/ ]
The configuration file for this plugin is plugins/Jaiku/JaikuConfig.xml
The commands section configures the commands the plugin accepts from IRC. The following commands are currently supported:
- commandCheckPresence - The command for checking the current presence of a Jaiku user.
You can set the authLevel to control who is allowed to access each command:
- authLevel - ANY, ADMIN, MASTER, TRUSTED, NONE
<commands> <commandCheckPresence authLevel="none">!jaiku</commandCheckPresence> </commands>
Jaiku integration settings
Settings controlling the interface to Jaiku and the polling frequency.
- jaiku-poll-frequency - Polling frequency (in minutes) for a monitored entry. For example, if there are 10 Jaiku users monitored and the frequency is set to 5 minutes, the plugin will do a query to the Jaiku JSON interface with 30 second intervals.
- jaiku-user and jaiku-personal-key - the jaiku username and personal key are required for the plugin to be able to get the presence information of users who have have non-public user accounts, but have shared their information with the configured user.
<jaiku-poll-frequency>5</jaiku-poll-frequency> <jaiku-user>example</jaiku-user> <jaiku-personal-key>a38fbdb66b373bc0</jaiku-personal-key>
Monitored Jaiku users
List of Jaiku users for whom the plugin should report presence changes to the IRC channel for.
- user - the Jaiku username
- nick - the IRC nick for the user. This is used when printing the presence information to the channel
<jaikees> <jaikee> <user>petteri</user> <nick>Petteri</nick> </jaikee> </jaikees>
Monitored RSS & ATOM feeds
List of RSS and/or ATOM feeds that should be automatically polled by the plugin.
- name - Feed name, shown on the IRC channel
- url - the feed URL
<feeds> <feed> <name>Jyris feed on Flickr</name> <url><! [CDATA[http://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?id=35034362983@N01&lang=en-us&format=atom ] ]></url> </feed> </feeds>
|v1.0||First public version by Dan Silfvast.|